RSS

This, That, and Packing

13 DAYS AND COUNTING!

So i am starting to get more and more anxious.  i have dreams where i am kind of like watching my life on TV and i am like "wow shes going to Germany" then i realize "wait that's me! HOLY CRAP I'M GOING TO GERMANY!" everything in my life feels unreal right now. I don't know how to describe it. I am happy that i get this opportunity, scared that i have to start life all over again (i have never changed schools so this is kinda hard for me - the whole make friends thing), sad that i have to leave my loved ones behind, tired from weird dreams that don't allow me to sleep, stressed because i want to start packing but don't know where to begin (especially because all the clothes i will take i always wear), and confused because i have no clue where i am in the stage of preparation.  So my mission for tonight is to sort through all my things i have together so far and make a list on here.  (hopefully this will only take a few hours - its midnight)

PACKING LIST
  • Things that I have together
    1. [3] Flag Etiquette USA Map (from the legion)
    2. [9] Various Magazines About My Area
    3. [3] "Daydreamers" (CASHS art and literature)
    4. [1] Box of Business Cards
    5. [6] Club Banners
    6. [108] Volvo Truck Pins
    7. [143] Volvo Compactor Pins
    8. [46] Volvo "Let's Work" Pins
    9. [30] Martin Guitar Head Pins (CF Martin & Co is from Nazareth, PA)
    10. [30] Martin Guitar "Legend" Pins
    11. [30] "I <3 My Martin Guitar" Pins
    12. [100] Zippo Lighter Pins (Zippo Lighters are from Bradford, PA)
    13. [72] USA Double Flag Pins
    14. [25] PA Turnpike Pins
    15. [75] PA Turnpike Keychains (Debating whether I will take them or not - heavy)
    16. [9] Patriotic Bracelets (Homemade)
    17. [12] 6" USA Flags
    18. [12] USA Bracelets
    19. [12] Patriotic Picture Frame Magnets (Not Assembled Yet... But Will Be)
    20. [36] Patriotic Pom Pom Critters (Still need pins for them)
    21. [12] Patriotic Rubber Duckies
    22. [1] Sticker Assortment Pack
    23. [6] Mini Quilt Magics
    24. [2] Large Quilt Magics
    25. [1] Laptop Euro Adapter 
    26. [1] Passport
    27. [1] Perscription
And this is what it looked like:
  • Things awaiting arrivial
    1. [1] New Webcam (Hopefully this one will actually work with Ubuntu)
    2. [3] Pit The Card Game 
    3. [1] Plane Ticket
So I now have to try to fit all of that plus clothes and a laptop and whatever else i come across into these:




(I used the Gatorade bottle for comparison)

and all the things i have not thought of... Toiletries, clothes, makeup, hair supplies (straightener), euro plug adapters, SHOES! 
Everyone on my facebook groups are always saying pack light you will buy all new clothes, shoes, stuff here. but what about the people like me that don't want to keep asking mommy and daddy for more money when they have already gone out of their way to do this much so far.  i mean, yeah they give you 75 euros a month but i want to Travel! I am going to EUROPE for gods sake! Things there are expensive and i dont want to blow all my money on clothes and junk - i want to see the world. (not saying that i am not going to buy a ton of stuff) so with that my conclusion to this entry is that i need to pack - pack smart - pre-pack, then re-pack, and then final-pack. to ensure optimum pack-ness.  

until my next rant,

Katie The Soon To Be Master of Packing!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Katie King said...

the picture frames are now done *check*

Sarah Lynne said...

Me too!! I'm taking a crapload of clothes because I don't want to spend my limited money on clothes and shoes and crap when I could be saving it for my Eurotour. And German music and stuff. lol.

Post a Comment