RSS

Day 12. Wednesday, August 10, 2011.

today was a little bit better than the day before. it started out kinda ehhh because laura had left at 5 am for her class trip... so i had to walk to school by myself and i thought i was gonna get lost. but i didnt. the first class was social studies.  this class i just sat there most the time it was boring and they talked about politics and stuff. then we had math which was spent talking about the trip most of the time, and then a little bit of math. then we went to chemistry. we played a game but i didnt know anything so i just walked around with clara the whole time. chemistry is going to be the hardest subject for me i think... at least the teacher speaks some english and i think she will help me... she is really the first teacher other than the art teacher who had addressed the fact that i dont really know any german and tried to help me.  i just sat there most of the time too and listened to what clara was telling me. then we had french... some kids have french and some latin... i took french. all of the kids have had 4-5 years of french so they know a lot and all i know is how to say yes and no and hi and bye. so i sat there and talked to sabastian a little inbetween the game that was being played. then we had geography again and we talked about our homework (which was reading part of the book.... a class in english but the book in german... so i had to translate the whole thing which took 2 hours) and then talked about globalization some more and then we got to go home. i had to walk home by myself again and then i had lunch and then i had to take merlin for a walk by my self.  we barley got down the road and he just stopped and wouldnt go any further. i yelled at him and pulled him and he wouldnt budge. so i just let him go where he wanted (i thought it was because he didnt want to go the way i wanted) but he took me home so i was like ok. so we went inside and i got on facebook (by this time i think i had 2 friends from school on FB). then a little while later the phone rang and i went down and was going to answer it because i thought i might be peggy... but it stopped ringing by the time i got there. so i went back to what i was doing and then it rang again. so i answered it and some guy is talking to me in german and im like oh god. so i tried to say i was an exchange student and then he started talking to me in english thank god. he told me that my pin number for my debt card was at the bank and i could come and get it (it got sent back because my host families name wasnt on the envelope) so then i had to walk down town... by my self. so i got my stuff and left. i only got lost at the beginning and then found my way to where i was supposed to be.  i made it  down town and got my pin and then went to the store to pick up somethings i needed for school and the trip and then walked home. the rest of the night was spent talking to my family on skype for the first time. i got to see my mom and dad and sister and my 2 nephews... my youngest nephew just liked to make faces at the camera because he could see himself on the computer.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment